Over the past few months our school has collected data from parent, staff and student surveys on areas of our school as part of the School Review and Development program. On Wednesday and Thursday this week a visiting panel comprising of our Educational Consultant, Ian Walton; Religious Education Consultant, Jenny Triglone; Additional Needs Consultant, Anne Bellert, CSO Teacher Educator, Karen Robson and St James Primary School Principal, Murray Macdonald interrogated the data, listened to presentations from staff, parents and students, and provided validation of our school’s next five year strategic plan.
There are many undeniable facts that should be shared with the wider community regarding our school arising from the summation of the visiting panel to the leadership team. Some of the comments are as follows:
- St Augustine’s is a lighthouse school in our diocese and your school’s commitment to the diverse learning needs of the student population is amazing.
- Through the interconnectedness of faith, learning and community you have been able to create a welcoming community focused on the needs of students and their families.
- The organisation of the school is both purposeful and efficient and with the central focus of the teaching and learning driving planning and development.
- It is evident that you have a proactive, caring and vibrant community.
- With a cohesive leadership team, the school has a clear vision that is focused on the implementation of the Diocesan Contemporary Learning Framework. The educational results are excellent.
- The children enjoy their learning and are particularly thankful for the variety of learning opportunities provided.
Once the school receives the final report from the Validating Panel I will share it at the next P&F Meeting.
I’d like to thank our Assistant Principal, Leanne Feltis, the Leadership team and the staff for their support in the SRD process. We are very fortunate to have a committed and dedicated staff.